These are the dependencies currently used by Bitcoin Core. You can find instructions for installing them in the
build-*.md file for your platform.
|Dependency||Version used||Minimum required||CVEs||Shared||Bundled Qt library|
|Clang||3.3+ (C++11 support)|
|FreeType||2.7.1||No||Yes (Android only)|
|GCC||4.8+ (C++11 support)|
|XCB||Yes (Linux only)|
|xkbcommon||Yes (Linux only)|
Some dependencies are not needed in all configurations. The following are some factors that affect the dependency list.
- MiniUPnPc is not needed with
- Berkeley DB is not needed with
- Qt is not needed with
- If the qrencode dependency is absent, QR support won't be added. To force an error when that happens, pass
- ZeroMQ is needed only with the
- librsvg is only needed if you need to run
make deployon (cross-compilation to) macOS.